CONFERENCE PROGRAMME ANNOUNCED!
Regular oral presentation: 15 min Power Point presentation + 5 min discussion
Poster requirements: B1 (71 x 100 cm)
We are pleased to announce the International Conference “Lakes & Reservoirs: Hot Spots and Topics in Limnology”, a summit organized by Polish Limnological Society in co-operation with Romanian Limnogeographical Association and other partners, which will be held in Central Poland from 17 to 20 SEPTEMBER 2019 in the area of heated Konin Lakes. We will discuss the contemporary threats to aquatic environment with polyphasic approach, from global and local perspective, and from basic science research to applied methods of environmental management. Considering multifaceted challenges provoked by the human-driven alterations of environment, we wish to promote “translational limnology” – a highly interdisciplinary field, the primary goal of which is to coalesce assets of various natures within the individual pillars in order to improve the functioning of the aquatic ecosystems significantly. We are delighted to announce our first keynote speakers.
REGISTRATION AND ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED.
MAIN CONFERENCE THEMES
- Novel methods of lakes restoration
- Hydrobiology & aquatic ecology
- Functioning of heated lakes
- Emerging threats to aquatic ecosystems
- Freshwater biodiversity
- Lake restoration
- Lake management & bioindication
- Aquatic toxicology
- Lake pollution & chemistry
- Aquatic microbiology
- Lake hydrology
- GIS and modelling in limnology
- Lake-catchment relations & Water Framewok Directive (WFD)
- Physical limnology
- Waterborne diseases and other water-health associations
For queries please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org